We are a member church in a denomination called The Christian Reformed Church (CRC). This is a denomination that has about 300,000 members in about 1,000 congregations across the United States and Canada.
We believe that the Holy Bible is God’s infallible written Word contained in the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that the Bible was verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit. As such it is the supreme and final authority for all of life. We also subscribe to the following Reformed Confessions: The Belgic Confession, The Canons of Dort, and The Heidelberg Catechism. In addition we hold to the following Ecumenical or Universal Creeds: The Apostles’ Creed, The Athanasian Creed, and the Nicene Creed.
Our Vision and Purpose
Delavan CRC exists in the sovereign grace of Jesus Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit to gain and grow disciples of Jesus Christ for his glory. Matthew 28:18-20; 2 Timothy 2:2, Ephesians 2:1-10
Who is a disciple of Jesus Christ?
- Someone who is growing in knowing God Factual Knowledge: about what the Bible teaches about God and his saving work in the world
- Someone who is growing in loving God Relationship: Just knowing things about God isn’t enough. That knowledge must overflow into love for God and relationship with God.
- Someone who is growing in serving God by loving, serving, and discipling others
Response: Love of God naturally overflows into a desire to serve him and bear fruit for
him and his kingdom.
What disciples of Jesus Christ do and how disciples of Jesus Christ grow
- Acts 2:42 — “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.”
- Disciples respond to God’s sovereign, saving grace in Jesus
1. Reaching up praising the Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
2. Reaching out to the world in service in the love of Jesus Christ and with the gospel of Jesus Christ
3. Reaching in by living in Christian community loving, encouraging, and challenging the DCRC faith family on the path of discipleship