We are very excited that you would consider visiting Delavan Christian Reformed Church (DCRC). We would love for you to join us for our Sunday worship service, as we gather together as a church to worship our God through songs, prayer, and the reading and preaching of His Word. Our morning service begins at 9:30 and usually lasts about an hour. We’d love to see you there and we’d encourage you to plan on sticking around a few minutes after the service to meet a few people at our morning coffee hour. We’re not a church that tends to leave quickly once the service is done! We love to stay around for a while, talk, and get to know new people.
Coming to a new church can be an intimidating experience, so we have designed our services with new people in mind. We work hard to be a friendly place where the words we use will be comfortable for people on any stage of their spiritual journey. Here are some important things to remember as you think about your first visit:
1. Dress as you feel comfortable. Most folks prefer to dress up a little bit, while some prefer to dress casually, and that’s ok too.
2. We will do our best to give a warm welcome to all of our guests who are visiting. We want you to feel welcome but we don’t want you to feel embarrassed or singled out. We would love for you to stay after the service for coffee hour so we can greet you personally and answer any questions you may have.
3. Every individual’s journey is unique. Be assured that DCRC is a place where you can come and ask questions about Jesus Christ.
4. When you worship with us, you will meet people from all walks of life; there shouldn’t be a fear of being intimidated. A sense of belonging is very important, and we believe our church is a place where you can find the true sense of belonging which can only come from God.
5. Families with children have many options and opportunities. From the nursery service, to a 3-5 yr old children’s worship, to extra seating in the basement to allow families to sit together without fear of distracting others, you can cater your morning to your family’s worship needs.
The church service is about meeting with God, but it’s also about meeting with fellow believers. Relationships are a huge factor along our spiritual journey, and we need to be with, and encourage, each other along the way. It’s not good for any one of us to go it alone. We find strength in Christian fellowship.
We look forward to meeting you this Sunday morning.